Sunday, January 3, 2010

My First Canning Experience... A Success!

As a Christmas gift for our family, I decided I would attempt apple butter.  After buying what seemed to be around 500 pounds of apples, I ended up with 16 1/2 jars of apple butter.  Hubby and I kept 1 1/2.  I mean, how can you give someone half a jar of something?  I was surprised at how easy it was.  I loosely followed a recipe I found online.  After chopping, boiling, blending, and slow cooking, I was done.  It was a little time consuming, but super easy!  Add a label, a little rafia and voila!  D & B Apple Butter.




In our Harris Family Cookbook, I have several of my Granny's canning recipes.  Next canning project - green beans.  Of course Granny had the best green beans ever, so I have to make her proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment