Monday, January 18, 2010

Oldies but Goodies


Between the recent terrible weather we've had and having to drive back and forth from work in Cookeville, Dustin had an accident.  He slid off the road and ended up in oncoming traffic.  Thankfully he didn't have a scratch on him, but he could have been hurt.  This got me thinking of all the times we've had "close calls" and how everything seems to have happened for some reason, even when we've not understood it right away.  For instance Dustin falling off that cliff (Yes I said cliff.)  I consider myself the lucky one in this story because I got to meet Dustin without going through all the pain he did. He was on a walker, had a shattered, um... entire body, but was still the cutest thing I'd ever seen. If not for that cliff and his wonderful friends saving his life, we never would've met.  Everything happens for a reason, even when you don't see it at the time.

Getting that "hey I had a wreck" phone call at 7 am made me appreciate everything more. Even that remote control helicopter flying around my head and Drum & Bass in the next room. Go hug your husbands and think about how things would be if they weren't around.  I can't imagine it and wouldn't want to.

This is my favorite.
Dustin kissing my hand while I give him his first tattoo, lol

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you have a blog! You must tell me these things!! haha!! Check out Mrs. Silvey in the background of the first picture! haha!!!

    ReplyDelete